Finding family-friendly attractions can seem like an impossible task at times. How can you find something that both the kids and the adults will enjoy? And how do you find an event or local attraction that is budget-friendly at the same time? These are common questions that often run through a parent’s mind when trying to come up with memorable weekend activities that the whole family can enjoy. If you are struggling to get something that is perfect for families with kids of all ages, you have come to the right place! In this post, we’ll introduce you to some of the top Miami attractions that the whole family will love!
- Zoo Miami: Lions and tigers and bears, oh my! What better way to spend a Saturday than at the zoo where the kids can have the chance to meet all kinds of exotic animals from around the world? Zoo Miami has plenty for kids and adults to marvel at including African elephants, Komodo dragons, Galapagos tortoises, meerkats, and more! And yes, the zoo does indeed have the traditional lions and tigers and bears. There are many ways to explore the several miles that make up the zoo whether you want to explore by foot on the beautiful walkways, on a safari cycle, or on the zoo’s monorail! In addition to countless animal exhibits, Zoo Miami includes a Children’s Zoo where kids can pet and feed certain animals. The zoo also has lots of entertaining live shows and a splash zone!
- Monkey Jungle: What kid wouldn’t go bananas for a place like Monkey Jungle (pun intended)? The 30-acre park is where families will get a chance to meet over 300 wild animals that live in the park. Many of those animals include gorillas, orangutans, squirrel monkeys, and howler monkeys. You’ll also get a chance to see some exotic parrots that fly around the wildlife park. And if seeing all of these wild animals was not enough, kids will love the Wild Monkey Swimming Pool, a place where visitors can watch macaques go swimming around the pool to gather special treats.
- Fairchild Tropical Botanic Gardens: Often described as one of the most gorgeous, scenic places in Miami, Fairchild Tropical Botanic Gardens is perfect for every occasion, whether that’s a weekend family day or a romantic daytime date with your significant other. This attraction features 83 sprawling acres of vividly colorful flowers, lakes, rain forests, exotic trees, and immaculate wildlife. The center even has a butterfly conservatory! For parents looking for good summer camps for their kids, Fairchild Tropical Botanic Gardens might just be the spot you are looking for. Don’t forget to ask them about the spring and summer camp options on your visit to their facility.
- Everglades National Park: The Everglades National Park is a must-see Miami attraction for residents of the city as well as any families who are just stopping through or are on vacation. At the park, you and the kids will get the opportunity to behold awe-inspiring natural wonders including exotic birds, manatees, crocodiles, and, of course, gators. There are plenty of ways to get around the national park including hiking trails, kayaking on the water, or renting a bike. If you want a speedy tour of the national park, check out the Coopertown Airport Rides or get a panoramic view of the park atop the observation tower in Shark Valley.
- Crandon Park: Although Miami beach is a staple of Miami, many families with small children and teenagers will find Crandon Park to be a refreshing alternative. It is often mistaken as part of the Florida Keys, but Crandon Park is in fact still part of Miami. At the park, you will find the Nature Center, an area designated to interacting with different ocean fish and other sea creatures. Needless to say, this is a perfect activity for kids. The beach in Crandon Park has plenty of grills for barbecuing, kayaks and kite boards available for rent, and cabana rentals for anyone planning to spend significant time at the park. Off the shores, there are also many hiking trails which are ideal for leisure strolls.
- Miami Children’s Museum: There’s no better museum for kids than a children’s museum and Miami really has one for the books! The Miami Children’s Museum boasts loads of hands-on activities for kids to enjoy and has multiple exhibits including a bank, grocery store, television studio, dentist office, cruise ship, police department, and fire department. And what makes this attraction even better? Admission is free from 3 PM to 9 PM every third Friday of the month!
- Coconut Grove: This Miami attraction has a little something for everyone of all ages. It’s a mini walking village complete with everything including theaters, art galleries, boutique shops, dining establishments, chain stores, and more. With its tree-lined streets and brick-paved roads, you may feel a little more like you are in Palm Beach than Miami.
- Miami Aqua Tours: What makes Miami Aqua Tours more unique than any other boating option in Miami? It’s the only time you and the kids will get to ride on a pirate ship! Hop aboard the El Loro and brace yourself for an 80-minute adventure around the Venetian Islands and the Biscayne Bay. The tour also includes cruising by the homes of some of the biggest celebrities living in Miami. Cruises run every day of the week from 11:30 AM to 6:30 PM and leave from the port behind the Hard Rock Cafe, located in the Bayside Marketplace. It’s a good idea to get their 20 minutes in advance to get a good seat on the ship before departing. Also, if you’re traveling with children under the age of three, they get to ride for free!
Are you looking for more exciting, family-friendly activities and attractions in Miami, Florida? Keep reading our blog for other posts related to local entertainment and events. Feel free to reach out to us with any questions regarding Miami attractions or our home repair services.